While you’re busy making resolutions for yourself on New Year’s Eve, remember to keep your four legged pal in mind, too!
- Pets Need a Healthy Diet, too: Measure your pet’s food every time you feed them to make sure they have the right amount of calories and nutrients. Not sure how much is enough? Check with your veterinarian.
- Puppies Don’t Eat the Same Food as Senior Dogs: Choosing a diet for your pet’s life stage is a great way to keep them in great health. Puppy food is specially formulated for growing pups. The same goes for kittens!
- Get Outside: Pets are social animals, and they need exercise! Think up some new outdoor activities you can both enjoy, or a new dog park to try. This will benefit you both!
- New Toys, More Playtime: All pets love playtime, try out some new toys from the Barkery that will get their paws and minds going.
- Keep the Vet on Your Mind: Yearly veterinarian examinations are necessary to make sure your pet is in the best shape. Don’t toss those reminder cards out!
- Get Grooming: Brushing your pet removes excess fur from the coat and helps distribute oils from the skin to the fur, keeping the coat shiny and healthy. And of course, the Barkery has you covered when it comes to the best grooming in town!
- Pick up that Toothbrush: Your pet’s oral hygiene is very important as it can point to more serious diseases. This is another service your pet can benefit from at our store.
- New Trick, Better Mind: Teaching your dog new tricks keeps their mind active and healthy. It also makes for great party entertainment!
- Update Your Pet’s ID: Update your pet’s microchip or pet health record since a lot can change in a year.
- Foster a Pet: Many animal shelters and rescues need loving homes to provide safe and temporary living arrangements for pets. It’s the perfect way to test the waters of pet ownership without the lifelong commitment, and maybe, your home will become theirs.
Whatever your New Year’s Resolutions might be this year, we wish you and your pet a new year full of joy, happiness and lots of playtime. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Barkery!