Happy Pet Appreciation Week!
The first full week of June has been recognized as an all-out celebration for our pets since 1981! Starting June 7th this year, we couldn’t be more excited to take a week to show our special pals a little extra attention.
Who cheers us up when we need snuggles? Who keeps us motivated to get outside? Who entertains us with funny faces and silly noises? Who keeps us company and gives a little something to care for outside of ourselves? Our pets! From large to small, all feathered, scaly, fluffy, and silky friends deserve a little recognition!
Six Ways to Show Your Appreciation
- Play! Indulge your pet with a new intriguing toy! Whether it’s a plush snuggle buddy or a squeaky new ball, we have exciting options bound to please your pup! From scratch pads to catnip and wool mice, the kitties deserve some fun too! Be sure to take a look at some of our interactive puzzle toys to keep your pet’s mind sharp!
- Treat Your Pet. Even though our store locations are not yet open for browsing, our online store carries all our favorite selections. Check out our selection of dog treats, like Browse the Bark n Big Beef Bones, or, for cats, the Tiki Cat Stix! The best part is you can order delivery right to your front door! That sounds like a treat for everyone.
- Parks and Picnics! What’s better than a playful pup? Many playful pups! Whether it’s stretching their legs out and getting a good run or having a doggy play date with other doggy friends, a dog park is sure to be an enjoyable activity for you and your pup! Check out some of our favorite parks in the Kansas City area: Swope Off-Leash Dog Park and Bar K are excellent, as well as the Stoll Off-Leash Dog Park and the Shawnee Mission Park Dog Off-Leash Area. You could even find a quiet spot at a park, take some snacks and treats, and have your own pet picnic at Jacob L. Loose Memorial Park!
- Pampered and Pretty. You know what sounds amazing the day after a good outside romp? Getting cleaned up by enjoying the perfect little spa day! Check out our current bathing guidelines to see how we’re handling grooming appointments; then book your appointment! Please use the online form at this time instead of calling. Thank you.
- Pet Gadgets. Show your affection for your sweet kitty by investing in a little something for her comfort; new comfy bedding or a well-recommended Seresto collar – the choice is up to you! Now is the time to invest in a pet gadget that will ease your pet’s life just a bit more. Shop our online store now.
- Make a Health Appointment. This may not sound quite as celebratory, but we know you care about your pet’s wellbeing. One of the best ways to keep your pet happy is to keep him healthy. Go ahead and make an appointment for a wellness exam with your vet! It’s also a good idea to check your pet’s ID tag and make sure that it’s not too worn or faded.
Most importantly, the best way to show your pet how much you love them is by taking time to be with them. A few extra snuggles and scratches go a long way because after all, your pet’s favorite thing in the world is YOU!
Head over to our online store now to start browsing toy and treat selections! The Brookside Barkery and Bath is delighted to be able to serve you by supporting your pet’s health and happiness.