CBD Pet Health Benefits Range from Pain Relief to Mental Wellness
Looking for natural ways to improve your pet’s health? The Barkery is here to help! Using natural products to promote wellness and pain relief, CBD (cannabidiol) is an excellent option for all-natural healing. The Barkery carries a variety of all natural, completely legal cannabis compound products that are abundantly beneficial to your furry companion’s health and wellness. These health benefits are not limited to pain relief only but also aid with mental health. Some of the top benefits include:
- Ease of suffering from chronic conditions like joint inflammation, chronic pain, seizures, epilepsy, and arthritis
- Helps with allergies and skin issues
- Boosts appetite and aids in digestive problems
- Helps to battle cancer and tumors
- Helps heal glaucoma
- Reduces anxiety and phobias
- Reduces aggressive behavior
Wondering about the wonderful effects of CBD for your pet and curious about its options for your own health? Visit Brookside Holistic Solutions or ask your local Barkery assistant to show you a few options!
When choosing healing CBD options for your pet, be careful when selecting your product. Unlike CBD, the more well-known cannabis compound called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is toxic and dangerous to dogs. While CBD promotes calmness, balance, and health in mammals including dogs, THC-dominant strains can negatively affect your beloved pet with psychoactive side effects. In fact, dogs are highly sensitive to it, and you should avoid it at all costs. Choose organic CBD hemp compounds, and only buy from trustworthy brands. Check with your vet; there are many CBD vets out there!
The amount needed to overdose on CBD is very high, so this is a very rare occurrence, but you should still start small. An overdose won’t cause paranoia or anxiety, but it can cause your pet to feel sick and to experience vomiting/diarrhea. The proper way to dose is according to body weight:
- Low Dosage: 0.05mg per pound twice daily
- Medium Dosage: 0.125mg per pound twice daily
- High Dosage: 0.25mg per pound twice daily
Start with the lowest dosage option and monitor your pet for a week. If your pet is still suffering, move up to the next level of dosage until your dog feels better.
The Barkery carries a variety of CBD pet-safe treats and tinctures (drop administered orally or added to food).
- Pharmahemp – formulated for pets up to 90 lbs; each tincture provides a 30+ day supply; intended for proactive daily cannabinoid therapy
- Treatibles – instill calm, normal, emotional balance and ease; support a healthy digestive tract and strong immune system; promote healthy joints, flexibility, and the body’s normal inflammatory response
- Emmitts – made with organic broad-spectrum hemp; contains no THC; reduces anxiety, stress, and pain
- Pet Releaf – lets you search by dog or cat, all natural, 100% safe, effective
- Myaderm – pharmacist-formulated to provide relief at the source of pain and inflammation deep in the tissues with no side effects
- Charlotte’s Web – aids with calmness and relaxation; promotes healthy hips and joints; supports skin health; includes botanical blends, chicken-flavored oils, and topical balm
- Lazarus – comes with a graduated dropper to ensure accurate serving size; began and gluten-free with no artificial flavors, preservatives or sweeteners
- Pharmahemp – for cats and dogs and meat-loving pets, made with fresh, single-source animal protein; made of chicken, hemp-derived CBD oil, herring oil, and vitamin E
- Treatibles – reduces anxiety, discomfort, loss of appetite; aids in digestive tract issues
- Edibites – come in natural delicious flavors like peanut butter banana, blueberry cranberry, and sweet potato pie
- Green Coast Pet – come in whitefish, chicken, and peanut butter flavors; supports relaxation; boosts a normal inflammatory response; promotes a strong immune system; encourages good neurological function; helps maintain hip and joint mobility
- Vital Essentials – ensures your dog’s natural rhythm stays in sync with all meat freeze-dried chews
- Bark n Big – serves hemp infused all-natural animal meat; relieves pain, anxiety and seizures; aids in digestion
Ready to try all-natural options to help ease your pet’s suffering? Ask your local nutrition specialist at Brookside Barkery and Bath guide you in choosing the right CBD product for you & your pet.