Dog grooming is one of your dog’s basic needs and an important part of pet ownership. Just like people, dogs need to be groomed regularly to look and feel their best. Here are a few tips for dog owners of all kinds to stay on top of grooming at home:
- Hair Brushing – most dogs love to be brushed. Brushing your dog regularly is a great way to bond with your pet while maintaining a healthy coat. Come into the Barkery and ask an associate which tools to use for your best friend. This will make your pet’s regular grooming experience much more enjoyable!
- Nail Trimming – Nail trimming can be a hassle for both you and your dog. Dogs often dislike having their paws handled due to painful nail clippings in the past. The best way to avoid aversion from nail trimming is to learn how to trim the nails correctly and always be cautious. If your dog has already experienced a bad nail trim, our bathers recommend playing with their paws to decrease anxiety associated with paw handling.
- Ear Care – Cleaning out your dogs ears takes very little time and can prevent major discomfort for your pet. Simply spraying a cleanser in your dogs ears on a regular basis can prevent bacteria and yeast from developing. At the Barkery, we recommend Innovet PurOtic ear cleanser, a non-irritating wash designed to break up wax and prevent ear infections.
- Bathing – Bathing your dog at home can be quite a hassle, but the more often you do it, the less of a hassle it becomes. At the Barkery, you can find therapeutic based shampoos that contain essential oils that are free of harmful ingredients. They can be used to treat a range of skin issues. If you are not an at home-bather, bring your dog into the spa for self-service bathing areas or full-service bathing.
- Dental Care – Dental health is an important part of your pet’s overall health, and dental problems can cause other health problems. Regularly brushing your pet’s teeth at home is the single most effective thing pet owners can do to prevent dental problems. At Brookside Barkery, you can find many natural dental products, such as PlaqueOff, oral gels, oral cleansing wipes, organic food additives for tartar control, as well as dental treats that make teeth cleaning a fun and delicious experience for your pet.
Brookside Barkery’s Grooming Services
In addition to Kansas City’s largest selection of natural pet foods, we offer a variety of services to keep your pet healthy and looking great. Check out our top notch grooming services below: