Brookside Barkery & Bath takes pride in being Kansas City’s favorite pet grooming facility. Our wide variety of services range from self-service bathing to full-service grooming and everything in between! If you are looking to schedule an appointment with us, here are some things you should know:
- You must call our store to schedule a full service bath or grooming appointment.
The Contact Us page online is not a guaranteed way to schedule a grooming appointment. Since we have more than one location, it is best to call your nearby Barkery & Bath store and speak directly with one of our associates to schedule your appointment.
- Full Service Grooming and Bathing are two different services.
The main difference between grooming and bathing: grooming involves cutting your dog’s hair. If your dog does not need a haircut, request a full-service bathing appointment.
- Booking recurring grooming appointments is the best way to guarantee a spot on our schedule.
Our groomers are consistently booked, and rarely do cancellations occur. During “wet dog” season, scheduling recurring grooming appointments is highly recommended.
- We cannot bathe or groom dogs with wounds or stitches.
To reduce risk of infection and discomfort to your dog, please wait until open wounds are fully healed and stitches are removed before scheduling an appointment.
- Self Service Bathing is available by walk-in only.
Since they are first-come first-serve, it is not necessary to call and reserve a time to use our self-service wash stations. We encourage you to call your local Barkery & Bath store to check on current wait times.
Our Bathing & Grooming Services
- Full Service Grooming – includes bath, dry, comb-out, haircut, nail trim, ear cleaning, and expression of anal glands (by request). Grooming prices are based on breed, weight, coat & condition.
- Full Service Bathing – includes bath, dry, brush-out, and ear cleaning. Available add-ons include nail trims with paw balm, teeth brushing, or shampoo upgrade. Bathing appointments are 1-hour and must be picked up within 30 minutes upon completion due to lack of kennel space. Bathing prices can be found here.
- Self-Service Bathing – includes access to our mess-free stainless steal bathtubs, shampoo and conditioner, and professional drying equipment. Pricing can be found here.
- Furmination – Furmination is a multi-step process to reduce your pet’s shedding. We use a furminating shampoo solution to loosen the undercoat, completely dry the coat, and finish by using thorough brushing tools to remove any excess fur. Furmination appointments take two hours and must be picked up within 30 minutes of completion. More information, including pricing, can be found here.
Bathing & Grooming Add-Ons
The following services can be added on to any bath or grooming appointment:
- Nail trim with paw balm
- Nail dremel
- Teeth brushing
- Shampoo upgrades for dry skin, hair loss, deodorization, or flea treatment
- Paw pad hair trim
- Anal gland expression
- Essential oil spa services
- Pet pick-up & drop-off
For questions regarding Brookside Barkery & Bath services, feel free to contact us!